0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Snare sound, Help!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  01:18 PM   -   Snare sound, Help!!

kamyar47

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I cant get the right snare sounds for dnb,nu skool breaks, ive tried 808/909 samples, real drum samples, layering several snares and it still sounds crap. I want a clear, standing out snare drum sound. Any tips?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Snare sound, Help!!

prototype

Piccilo Snares Those are the really tiny 311 type snares, really good for the styles you listed.

Message 3/9                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: Snare sound, Help!!

k

try the snares on the frontpage news section column.

Message 4/9                 Date: 24-Jan-01  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Snare sound, Help!!

Kamyar47

Nice one guys, but were do i get the 311 picollo sounds from? Any site refernces?? I find with most sites they tend to list the same drum sounds(808/909/606etc.

Message 5/9                 Date: 24-Jan-01  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Snare sound, Help!!

k

tuning??????? - pitch????

Message 6/9                 Date: 26-Jan-01  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: Snare sound, Help!!

kef

ive noticed two things that tend to fck my snare sounds up:
1. too much low frequencies. try and filter them out.
2. to few "surrounding" sounds can make the snare sound strange. try adding various other rythms (from hihats or whatever) that are roughly in the same freq range as the snare. in my opinion a good sound doesnt all depend on the snare sample itself.

Message 7/9                 Date: 26-Jan-01  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Snare sound, Help!!

Stasis

download some snare samples of the net and load them into your audio editor. Learn how to use it well and manipulate the samples until you have something cool. Or get a sw drum synth and learn to make basic snare sounds and then edit. If you pursue this method and get good at it, you will have alot of potential for making a variety of sounds.

Message 8/9                 Date: 26-Jan-01  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Snare sound, Help!!

0/d

Link?:  Link

Stick a low compreesed tamborine onto a real snare to give it a nice rolling kind of snap,eq it to make the two snap at around the same frequency,compress it to shit,now go get a nice punchy 909 snare eq that so as the bottom end is punching sharply(use a peak dip eq with a samll width),compress it,and compress it all serveral times with different settings until it all fits perfectly and you have just made my favorite snare of all time.

Message 9/9                 Date: 29-Jan-01  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Snare sound, Help!!

k

yeah and make sure your snares dont have too long a decay tail, you can trim it down to be a shorter, snappier snare hit, in say Wavelab, then highlight the final tail which is now ending abruptly if you trimmed the snare shorter, and do a LEVEL/FADE OUT - this will give it a real fast but more natural decay. makes great snappy DnB & garage snares etc.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum