0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: hi hat's

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 17-Jan-01  @  07:57 PM   -   hi hat's

jony

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm haveing a bit of trouble getting my hi hat's right,any tip's I got MPC so I can do it..And I have tryed I'm not being a lazy wanker.Just need pushing in the right direction thanking u all

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: hi hat's

Maarten

Link?:  Link

"Getting my hihats right".... uhh, what I might find to be right, you might find to be awfull. What kind of music do you make/ wanna make?

Message 3/12                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: hi hat's

jony

hardhouse stuff,I've shit load's of sample's but something ant right

Message 4/12                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: hi hat's

k

check your velocities of the individual beats they need variation, and also the length of the decay on any open hi-hats in the pattern is critical to keep the feel...

Message 5/12                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: hi hat's

Jasper

someone told me to compress em separately, my problem was that they sounded too nice. erm, after messing around I reckon my real problem was that I got too hooked up on filtering all the mid freq out of them.

Message 6/12                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: hi hat's

Maarten

Well, there ya see what an intelligent person I am, I thought he wanted programming advise.... duh!

Message 7/12                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: hi hat's

djhippo303

I make a lot of hard house and trance, and I've found that putting the hats on their own output and compressing the living shit out of them can really make a differance. Has to be on their own channel though cause the settings that work well for the hats will totally kill the bottom end of whatever kick you are using. Also, you might want to play around(I'm assuming you don't do this but whatever)with out any quantization, adjust the notes with out any sort of grid on, really helps make the sound more natural.

Message 8/12                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: hi hat's

jony

yep I'm gona try these thing's and any tip's are great,I seem to have a big hang up on my hi hat's I seem to fuk with them so much that every thing sound crap mybe I need to look at the beat as one and not try and get the beat going with just the hat's cheer's

Message 9/12                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: hi hat's

Jasper

what sort of compression?

Message 10/12                 Date: 20-Jan-01  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: hi hat's

jony

and were do u get your sample's from if u don't mind

Message 11/12                 Date: 21-Jan-01  @  07:55 AM   -   RE: hi hat's

djhippo303

I don't sample, I have a pair of drumstations. and as far as what sort of compression, I'm honestly pretty ignorant about how compression works, so I just turn the knobs until I think it sounds right, but they usually wind up at extreme positions. regardless, any one setting won't work for all patterns, what works for a particular rythym and mix of hat sounds might not sound so good on another. My best advice is to expirement and trust your ears. There's nothing wrong doing things completely different from everyone else. Oh yeah, just remembered my compressor also has a limiter and a gate on it, which alter the sound more drastically the compression does, so if you have that at your disposal give it a try.

Message 12/12                 Date: 22-Jan-01  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: hi hat's

Jasper

yeah compression does work pretty well, unfortunately I went too far and lost sight of what was good or bad in a mix.. ah well.. works though and seems to be what the high end was missing. thanks.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum