0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: uk garage quantisation

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 17-Jan-01  @  05:48 AM   -   uk garage quantisation

vs_mclarenf1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

lately ive been tryin ctreate sum uk garage beats.
i did a search on this forum and tried to create some the patterns that u guys left. but when i create em' they sound so stiff and out of place. i tried to use some quatistation on Orion but it just stuffs it up. what type of quantistaion does uk garage use? and how can i apply it in orion? ppl say that logic audio has reallly good quantistation featsures but i cant find a demo(where can i get one). pls help>

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 17-Jan-01  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: uk garage quantisation

r-tek

I normally click the beats in at 32nd note triplets, then shove the notes in the 2nd half of the bar as far back as they`ll go without sounding off, then mebbe just drag the 2nd snare forward a teeny bit for some push/pull feel and then apply swing to anything that lands on the 16ths..........

Message 3/5                 Date: 17-Jan-01  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: uk garage quantisation

jasper

try lowering the velocity for swung notes

Message 4/5                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: uk garage quantisation

k

just use an open short decay hat on the offbeat - then as the man above says quantise the grid to 32nds or 64th's and drop in some skip grace notes etc... orion is a dream for garage especially with that sampling drumbox

Message 5/5                 Date: 06-Feb-01  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: uk garage quantisation

k

Link?: Link

there's a garage loop done in REASON (44.1 16bit wav mono) 64th quantise only no swings or quantise just VELOCITY

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum