0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Drum'N'Bass Area

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 16-Oct-99  @  07:30 PM   -   Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Welcome to this new forum dedicated to the harder, phatter edge of dance music. Share your ideas, tips etc...Discuss about anything concerning the production of "Drum'n'Bass music. Hope this will be an active forum.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 81/89                 Date: 15-Dec-99  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

lx008

Breakbeat Era muthafuckaz!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 82/89                 Date: 15-Dec-99  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

R-Tek

nice one.

Go have a lie down.

Message 83/89                 Date: 15-Dec-99  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

sox

Link?:  Link

And don't forget your medication!

Message 84/89                 Date: 19-Dec-99  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

Lyrebird

Theres more to DnB than just the breaks you know unless you're into generic dancefloor fodder, listen to all the othere sounds that are used, the arrangements etc.

And another thing I glad that I'm getting over my how do I make that sound, b-line, beat sound like dnb producer X. now I'm starting to sound a bit more like me. The big guys and girls aren't there to be emulated they are there to inspire, don't forget that the one constant in dnb as in most electronic music is the need to experiment, break new ground and evolve.

having said all that does anyone know how they get that washy, cymbal sound (used a lot on the amen break)

Message 85/89                 Date: 20-Dec-99  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

R-Tek

Yeah, we know theres more 2 it than breaks, but this is the "drum grooves" forum right?

Message 86/89                 Date: 26-Dec-99  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

ellipsis

Whaadya guys think of this grove?

Message 87/89                 Date: 10-Jan-00  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

eddie

thanx guys, i ve learned a shitload of stuff from you guys then the so called "dj" fucks in seattle...( i wanna kick the ones who call fading in the next song "dj" ing. "

Message 88/89                 Date: 11-Feb-01  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

Vandewalle_Ilja

does anybody know where, apart from this wonderful d&b forum, you find all this gimmicks( no offense but my english sucks a little bit)like the 808-bas mapping over the keyboard and the cutting up breaks stuff, cause I've been trying to make d&b for some time now and since I heard of these tricks a week ago, I'm having some kind of creative revolution in my head ... most of all, how do you make those organic heavy distorted bassriff-sounds you hear alot in the real hard dancefloor tunes (like in many bad company mixtapes)

Message 89/89                 Date: 11-Feb-01  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

nasir

shite, how old is this forum?
thought it was long gone

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 89 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum