0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Drum'N'Bass Area

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 16-Oct-99  @  07:30 PM   -   Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Welcome to this new forum dedicated to the harder, phatter edge of dance music. Share your ideas, tips etc...Discuss about anything concerning the production of "Drum'n'Bass music. Hope this will be an active forum.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 71/89                 Date: 09-Nov-99  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Anyone that wants to find that Krust's tune, it's called Second Movement forthcoming on his album, can't wait, mate.
Looking forward for your comments Sox.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 72/89                 Date: 10-Nov-99  @  12:17 PM   -   Da BEATS!!!

wheresbob

Link?: Link

Hey folks....first of all...I'm glad I tripped into this BBS...lots of cool tips being thrown around in here   I think we have a very specific group of people here...people who are in LOVE with the BEATS. I've been kicking out amatuer stuff for a while. Fell in love with DnB....developing my own DnB style right now.

Here are my thoughts: Some times using loops give's you a sound that you can't get any other way....but there's a lot to be said for building your own drum tracks...I use sequencers from time to time to trigger samples. This let's you create beats exactly the way you want em...but it's hard to keep that open "feel".

Lately I got into creating my own drum tracks by hand using samples. It is the most time consuming...but it let's you have the best of both worlds. On my last track I sampled some "war sounds". Mostly cannons and gun shots...added effects to the drum sounds.

Then I built the entire drum track using these samples...the final result was just what I was looking for...not exactly a DnB track...but the track (Disorder) has great SOUNDING drums and a wild beat.

I created a new band name called "Master Please" for these tracks using the custom drums....if yer curious you can check out the Disorder track here:

http://download02.amp3.net/songs/u04/236/4986/Master_Please-Disorder.mp3

I am just finishing a track called DRUGS...built TWO crazy drum tracks for this song...they are both playing at the same time in stereo....this created a wild effect....I'll post the url to that song when I get it uploaded  

Hopefully I'll have a true DnB track ready by that time too. Thanx to all who have been posting in here about how THEY go about creating their stuff....learning some new tricks  

Laterz.......Overdrive

Message 73/89                 Date: 11-Nov-99  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

R-Tek

The Krust album is already out, by the way....

Message 74/89                 Date: 11-Nov-99  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

k

you can get some awesome drum sound samples by sampling the sound of whacking a big (and assorted sizes) cardboard box with a stick, maybe in a garage or bathroom for some ambient reverb - great hard sounds,

Message 75/89                 Date: 11-Nov-99  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

fresh

Big Plexiglass windows hit with basketballs seem to resonate like 808/909 kicks. Real deep and punchy. Try punching all the ones that you see for now on until you find a nice one.

Message 76/89                 Date: 11-Nov-99  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

What you could do also is to have a mate with a mic in front of him, punch him in the face with your bare knucles, you'll get a solid kik out of that and use his scream as a hi pitched snare. Don't forget to compress also as the scream would be much louder than the punch:@) Just a thought.....

Message 77/89                 Date: 12-Nov-99  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

R-Tek

.....an` kick him in the nads 4 trebly hi-hat sounds........

Message 78/89                 Date: 07-Dec-99  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

Joj the dog faced boy

I would just like to thank you each and every one of you for the great stuff i have learnt.

I love breabeat and drumandbass and jungle and every genre and sub genre that comes with a half speed big bass line and frenetic beats

My problem is i never knew how to do it .

Thanks some one in the thread for the idea of cutting a 4 bar rythmn in eights and going nuts on your sequencer.

and thanks to the person somewhere on this page who figured out "funky drummer" so that i can play it in my little ol hammerhead.

Just a little something i was doing in order to get good break beats

take a loop...
any loop....
make sure it starts on a kick drum...
call it loop 1
now take that same loop copy it and paste it at the end
cut it just right so that the 4 bar loop starts on a snare and finishes on that same snare
call that loop 2
any other interesting hits in the loop
follow above proceddure to creat loops that start and finish on that hit.

now.
load into your sequncer..
every time you want a kick...loop 1
every time you want a snare ...loop 2
etc..

you can make some very nice rithmns when you use a simple 4/4 beat but eliminate the 2 and 4 kick and use the snare loop at 2 and 4

call it destructo-broken-beaten-houser-of-doom?

Any way my knowledge has increased ten fold because of you guys ... thanks a large bunch

Message 79/89                 Date: 08-Dec-99  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Much appreciated, Joi. We drum 'n' bassists are true purveyors or whatever you call it, of dance music. And i'm not speaking for myself. Glad you have not gone into the much commercialized House music

Message 80/89                 Date: 12-Dec-99  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

ghjgj

ghjghj

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 89 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum