0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: timbaland beats

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 11-Jun-00  @  03:35 AM   -   timbaland beats

biogenik

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

can someone post some timba-style beats.
all i know about his production is he uses a lot of 32nd and 64th notes.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 51/71                 Date: 17-Nov-00  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

k

Link?:  No link

well british hiphop just doesnt do it for me anyways

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 52/71                 Date: 28-Nov-00  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

bigpimp

i hear some of killajam music and you were right it is off the hanger. I was in new orleans last week and i hear that song they did with lil souja (the first guy to rap on beelow's big body)and it was tight ass hell. i hope that they get a deal soon because they world is missing out. Personally i think that they make way better beats than timbaland and i when you hear this shit you are going to agree

Message 53/71                 Date: 28-Nov-00  @  01:05 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

bigpimp

i hear some of killajam music and you were right it is off the hanger. I was in new orleans last week and i hear that song they did with lil souja (the first guy to rap on beelow's big body)and it was tight ass hell. i hope that they get a deal soon because they world is missing out. Personally i think that they make way better beats than timbaland and i when you hear this shit you are going to agree

Message 54/71                 Date: 28-Nov-00  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

bigpimp

i head some of killajams music and you were right it is off the hanger. I was in new orleans last week and i hear that song they did with lil souja (the first guy to rap on beelow's big body)and it was tight ass hell. i hope that they get a deal soon because they world is missing out. Personally i think that they make way better beats than timbaland and i when you hear this shit you are going to agree

Message 55/71                 Date: 30-Nov-00  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

atebit

In regards to timbaland and the sixthteenth triplet deal, hardly any of timba's stuff has any triplets in it, i think i have only heard it in about two tracks. The syncopation is all sixteenth and thirty second notes. He is the master of space, that is the way he does it. One of the few tracks in triplets is his cover with Ginuine of "when doves cry" (prince).

Message 56/71                 Date: 01-Dec-00  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

moke34

I heared that song in New Orleans too and it is tight as fuck. That beat is one of the best that I have heard for a song like that. the song started off with that quy souja off of beelow's song ( i had already ) and the second was another guy from new orleans. After the scond verse and the chours that is where the killajam boys came into play this cat named repar j came in talking about how he is 17 with 4 cars his verse was the shit, then came this cat called DCM and his verse was tight as fuck. Thinking that the song was about done I started to walk off and then b money started rapping and it was also tight as fuck I then thought i would hear killa b come in but i guess he just sit out on this track he must have made that hot ass beat. Yall did not even say that b money even rapped, but come to find out it was his song and he his working on a solo. No offense Tim but them mutherfuckers make way better beats then you and there rappers are 10 times better than yours.(all this is after 1 song) I hope that shit comes out soon

Message 57/71                 Date: 03-Dec-00  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

atebit

Where can i hear some killajam stuff, i live in australia, but love to hear new future beats.

timba rocks me hard, but am up to hear some new stuff!!

Message 58/71                 Date: 04-Dec-00  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

Substrata

Link?: Link

I'm A Drum & Bass producer. I don't really listen to that much Hip Hop but, If you really want to learn how to make timbas beats. You should sample a beat from timba and put that loop in recycle and Extract the midi timeing of it and study it. See the note placement and most important the actual timeing of the note placements. If the groove was straight quantized. It would'nt have any live looseness. It would sound very computerized. I know a lot of the Hip Hop producers are useing gear like Mpc3000, mpc60, Emu sp1200, Linn9000 and other Mpc series. Hope that helps.

Message 59/71                 Date: 04-Dec-00  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

gangst

did yer get yer timbas K ?
Ghengis

Message 60/71                 Date: 05-Dec-00  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

k

um... is that GHENGIS 'G' STRING (twang!) from Dusseldorf by any chance ?

yeah i did get a few, and to me 100% it sounds as the guy further up said that he's programming most beats based on a double-tempo/double-time grid... so if you did import to recycle you need to double the tempo & double the quantise structure... to me it is coming out of a certain s-american & carribean influence for sure...

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 71 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum