0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: so who plays proper instruments?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  02:32 PM   -   so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hehe! "proper"

anyway, i've played sax in various bands for the last ten years, how about you lot then?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/87                 Date: 14-Apr-02  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

Link?: Link

maybe i'll fish out tapes of my tin can kalimba on street corner playing. i used to chant 'hungry tamale intuition, sexy japanese pediatrician.' everyone would look when i said 'sexy.'

nice sounds.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/87                 Date: 14-Apr-02  @  10:20 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

k

yeah it's nice Sitar... you should make us a small basic simple sample set.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 33/87                 Date: 14-Apr-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

hmmm. I've heard that suggestion before. I'd have to find a way to break up the notes nicely, or phrases anyway. I have some sarangi samples that came with my sampler. They're all phrases. Wonder if that would be of use with sitar samples.

Message 34/87                 Date: 15-Apr-02  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

influx

break up notes nicely? wavelab? soundforge? not too hard really...dunno...

Message 35/87                 Date: 15-Apr-02  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

Yes but they all run into each other which is normal for the sitar. So there is no way to let the tail of a note fade away naturally from these recordings.

Message 36/87                 Date: 15-Apr-02  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

k

well what you want is a few different ryhthmic chops which peaoplce can pitch etc, and a few various bends & strikes... obviously, making a sitar patch which allowed realistic sequencing of traditional stuff would be much harder.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 37/87                 Date: 15-Apr-02  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

Unbelievable. Somebody voted for my sitar snippet. All the hard work I put into trying to write a halfway descent dance track and I get a vote for the sitar snippet. Just can't win.

I could do those up in Sonar K. Wouldn't want to make groove clips though cuz that'd limit their usefulness to Sonar and Acid users.

Message 38/87                 Date: 15-Apr-02  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

damballah

you can win. only not the way you thought you would. just ask the starry night guy.

Message 39/87                 Date: 15-Apr-02  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

i am a tortured being, but i'm really like grade A tortured being.

Message 40/87                 Date: 15-Apr-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

I could call it Sitary Night. Misery loves company.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum