0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: anyone got good eq ears?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 13-Apr-05  @  11:30 AM   -   anyone got good eq ears?

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi all,

after spending inordinate amounts of time trying to balance my mixes ive come to the conclusion i have a mointoring problem, i have very little room to move things about (although im moving house so that will change)- what im finding is that im mixing and balancing stuff, getting a good approximation but when i try the tune out on say my headphones it sounds unbalanced.....badly...was wondering if anyone with particularly good eq ears could tell me what they think is wrong with say a couple of short examples, that way when i go about setting my new space up i can make sure im not doing anything that would just compound the issue

any takers?

greg

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/35                 Date: 28-Jun-05  @  07:33 AM   -   RE: anyone got good eq ears?

monkeybasket2001

good idea, but the bed is like 2 inch too wide!! i know its damn annoying, seems like the only configuration i can use which gives me space for both music and moving aroiund is the one ive got...

greg

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/35                 Date: 28-Jun-05  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: anyone got good eq ears?

k

Link?:  Link

remove the bed and use just the matress then mebbe?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 33/35                 Date: 28-Jun-05  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: anyone got good eq ears?

psylichon

Link?: Link

hahaha... anything for the sound!

Message 34/35                 Date: 28-Jun-05  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: anyone got good eq ears?

k

Link?:  Link

it's better for your back mebbe too   - plus no creaking when you're on the job

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 35/35                 Date: 30-Jun-05  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: anyone got good eq ears?

monkeybasket2001

think im probably on track with the pins and foam...cool stuff

greg

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum