0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-01  @  11:00 PM   -   Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

sitar

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Rising Moon_4 is the one that seems to work.

The mp3 encoding sent the reverb through the roof. I think it grabbed the verb I had on one of the busses too heavily. Also the tuned bongo-like sorta drums that introduce themselves at about 4:10 introduce themselves too loud in the mp3. And one sounds like it's at the wrong pitch. Also I'm realizing that if a major character of a track is an ambient hypnotic element, it looses a lot in lo-fi. Oh well  

Still after all that and without further adieu, have a listen.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/30                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

funky_ol_shit

reminds me of a sunny day in the woods with tha
elves, butterflies and fresh water springs, and a
couple doobies goin around.(nice feelin) 

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/30                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

Pongoid

Link?: Link

Sitar,
Well done. Packed with flavor. Perhaps a bit too cerebral for the dancefloor, but a joy to listen to. Also, again you are correct in wanting to gently tweek the arrangement a little bit. Well done. Carry on.

Ape

Message 23/30                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

gb

Very nice - dreamy and interesting.

Message 24/30                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

sitar

Hey! Thanks guys. What a day. First moment to log on.

Well Aaron. I thought about the 909 conga. Thing is congas are warm and I wanted this tune to be warm. Maybe I could work it soundwise and thanks for mentioning it. I've thought about it. I used to play congas with some jazz groups so those drummer jokes come back to haunt me a bit  

Fiddleface, no samples. It's all synths. A couple of presets and the rest was tweaked or built from pretty much the ground up. The romplar stuff is sample-based, yes. Played with it til I got pretty much what I wanted.

Pongoid, thanks for listening. Means lots to me. And you're right. I wrote it more as a listening at home sorta track. It could probably fit into a set somewhere though. I had Orbital's "Attached" strongly in mind when I put it together. They've included that song in their concerts. I will carry on bro. Thanks for all your inspiration.

I've filled in the yawning spaces with some stuff and hope to replace this track with the revised one next week after my workweek is over.

Funky and Lupo, thanks again  

Message 25/30                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

fiddleface

Who's this Lupo character?  

Message 26/30                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

sitar

Oops. Sorry Fiddleface.

Message 27/30                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

fiddleface

Ha ha, something to do with besonic, I think. Jerry

Message 28/30                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

sitar

I thought besonic was some kind of vinegar  

Message 29/30                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

Frostbyte

nice track sitar. Is that you singing or is it the large spaghetti guzzler himself ?

Message 30/30                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: Rising Moon is up Influx!!! :P

sitar

The tenor is my large spaghetti-like cable guzzling xp-80 with some tweaks. The soprano is me :P

Thanks dude.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum