0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: timbaland beats

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 11-Jun-00  @  03:35 AM   -   timbaland beats

biogenik

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

can someone post some timba-style beats.
all i know about his production is he uses a lot of 32nd and 64th notes.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/71                 Date: 29-Jun-00  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Dirty South Secrets Revealed!

blaknoize

Link?:  No link

Step 1. Listen to UK jungle/drum & bass/trip-hop
Step 2. Try to copy it without a clue as to how it's actually done.

(That's what I thought when I first heard Timbaland - 'nuff respect all the same)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/71                 Date: 30-Jun-00  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

P_van_der_Weide

Why does it matter what gear timbaland uses or how he makes his tracks. It isn't the gear or the studio, it's timbaland himself who creates those beats. He could have done it with most samplers or synths. The reason why his beats sound great is because he isn't trying to copy someone. He is being an original, he is doing his own thing and he is good at it. So instead of figuring who uses what gear, try to get the most out of the gear you already own. After all it's not about the kitchen, it's about the cook who's in the kitchen.

Message 23/71                 Date: 30-Jun-00  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

damballah

Link?:  Link

A-f*cking-men

Message 24/71                 Date: 30-Jun-00  @  09:17 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

k

still waiting for some timba real audio or mpg links please?..

Message 25/71                 Date: 30-Jun-00  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

suggestion?

You could by the album?

Message 26/71                 Date: 30-Jun-00  @  10:45 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

suggestion?

You could just buy the album?

Message 27/71                 Date: 30-Jun-00  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

lester

sure it is the cook not the kitchen-
but i thought this forum was to share ideas and insights-

Message 28/71                 Date: 01-Jul-00  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

H

Are you accusing me of not sharing?Why don't you just
divide your tempo in half,put your quantize on 32 and
try to make them now.It's how da niggaz do i

Message 29/71                 Date: 01-Jul-00  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

H

it

Message 30/71                 Date: 03-Jul-00  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

k

oh.... that old shit !!.... man, that not a USA 'south' thing.... i've been doin that for years and years WHEN I HAVE TO, like everyone else (isnt everyone??).... it's originated purely down to syncing the loop beat at a slow enuff tempo... *sigh* - it's a pre/non-timestretch issue thing, also it is down to working on sequencers without a hi enuff res'.. plus.. 'timestretch' live with decks??... nah....

as to the ra/mpg beatz - i just want some Timba beats so i can reproduce 'em and add 'em to the midifiles.... i'll be fucked if i'm gonna buy an album !!! (preposterous idea !!!! :-)... actually, the request was more for the original poster... since he asked about it.... heh heh...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 71 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum