0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: Many TT's on market your impression

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  11:05 PM   -   Many TT's on market your impression

Lightyear

Link?:  Link
File?:  [image]

[image file]

Well we're at a point where the good old 1200's aren't
the only thing to consider as far as a high end turntable.
What are some of your impressions of the new wave of
decks that have come out over the last 2 years or so?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/27                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Many TT's on market your impression

djhippo303

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

odd, I'd expect ortofon's R&D department would have dealt with that problem by now, you sure it's all ortofons and not just certain models? I'm using an ancient pair of concordes. . . tables are less than a year old though

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/27                 Date: 05-Apr-01  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Many TT's on market your impression

djhippo303

just out of curiosity, how exactly does the damage manifest itself? not physically, but sound quality. . .

Message 23/27                 Date: 06-Apr-01  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: Many TT's on market your impression

loFreq

Link?:  No link

well it goes like this, you bump the tone arm at all, like seting it on the rest and it pops. After a while only one channel will work at a time and eventually you will have to play with it just to make it work. It really sux. One of my decks is in the one channel stage and the other one pops and sometimes cuts one channel. My roomies hardly works and requires messing with just to work. He has the silver ones and I have the DJs (blue). it takes about two years tho. Another friend has the same prob.

Message 24/27                 Date: 19-Apr-01  @  04:09 AM   -   RE: Many TT's on market your impression

symmetric

OK, I'm new here, but here's my take on new decks:
There are only three types of decks to spin on, MKII's, MK3D's, and the Vestax PDX2000's. The Vestax's are seriously badass. Except that they look like UFO's, there is nothing I don't like about them. +-10% AND +-50% pitch control, variable startup and stop times, and the tonearm almost never skips. Believe the hype about these decks. The first time I played them I was floored. I liked the pitch control better than the Tech's, and we all know how we feel about the Tech's! Give them a try, but not if you don't want your feelings towards 1200's to change.
Symmetric - crazy hard trance dj currently living in Indiana

Message 25/27                 Date: 20-Apr-01  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Many TT's on market your impression

loFreq

The platters still feel like a frisbee. Way tooo light. For me, it a matter of feel.

Message 26/27                 Date: 20-Apr-01  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Many TT's on market your impression

Milan

Link?:  Link

yup, but at least PD´s dont have the quartz lock in the zero position like 1210´s, you know when you cant mix a record on them when its just a tad of from the zero pitch?
well, on the vestax you can...

Message 27/27                 Date: 22-Apr-01  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: Many TT's on market your impression

BlooVooDoo

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, those fucking Gemini dex should be outlawed!

Did a place last sat night where the guy had outfitted the whole place lush, new soundsystem, mixer, lighting, decor - and had the fucking cheek to scrimp a couple of hundred on the most important thing!

technics mk2 or the top end vestax, nothing else is even close.

spinback

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum