0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: reverb theory

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 21-Sep-04  @  04:02 PM   -   reverb theory

Dominic

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

So the bigger the room, what?

1. More pre delay
2. More decay
3. Less liveness
4. Less Attack
5. Less high frequencies and more low frequencies eq

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/25                 Date: 24-Sep-04  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: reverb theory

Dominic

Cool idea Blu. A bit like what a finaliser does or that old studio trick of putting the final mix through a reverb unit to make it shimmer and sound expensive. I'm gonna try this tonight. Thanks. But:-

What room size (metres) do you punch into your "master" Lexicon and do you add a touch of verb to the kick and bass too?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/25                 Date: 24-Sep-04  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: reverb theory

SignalRunners - BLU

Link?: Link

It really depends (that old cliche) on the mix before it , never an exact figure- just what sounds right to me really i guess, i never really go for a gigantic room size tho. Ill sometimes apply settings onto the lex and then solo/unsolo the send and adjust size etc back and forth from there till i have something that clicks into place

i never reverb the kick and bassline either, its really just used on tie all the other stuff together, previously verbed stuff - synths, vocals etc...

blu

Message 23/25                 Date: 01-Oct-04  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: reverb theory

L$8

If you want to try something fairly dramatic on drums, try the PSP vintagewarmer and crank the drive knob up 6-8dB.

Message 24/25                 Date: 01-Oct-04  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: reverb theory

psylichon

Link?: Link

another fun thing to do is put processors before you reverb on an aux channel. For example, a gently-sloping hipass filter to prevent low frequency content from getting muddled in the verb. Or an old-skool trick of putting an expander first so the louder a singer sang, the more verb they got. Or try extreme compression for the opposite effect.

Message 25/25                 Date: 18-Apr-05  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: reverb theory

monkeybasket2001

i do house tunes around that tempo- havent cracked my big verbs yet but for drums i use my lexicon lxp-1.....shortest decay- top rolled down, density up, and a delay of either 8ms/16ms/28ms or 58ms- usually 28 or 16 as they are divisions of the 130 tempo...picked it up froma book by bobby owsinki....seems loads of pros use pre delay on verbs all the time- copied it and yes it sounds great!!

greg

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum