0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Damned Mackie's

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 17-Jul-02  @  12:53 AM   -   Damned Mackie's

Errata

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I thought I'd share...

What a pain in the ass. This party we played on Saturday had Mackie SRM450's set up for stage monitors. We played at 2:00 for a party that started at 10:00. The crap Mackie's shut themselves off at around 1:50 during the DJ set before ours. The DJ before us and the sound guy don't bother telling us. Later the guy that owned the system says they're notorious for this. After a few hours they get too hot and shut down!!! Other people at the party agreed, like it's a well known fact!

WTF!!!??? I see these monitors everywhere... Why the hell would everyone buy these things if this happens?

Anyway the set's not loud enough, everyone keeps telling me to turn it up, but I think the monitors are working so I figure the house PA is plenty loud because I CAN"T hear the monitors over the house... and figure the people telling me to turn it up are just high!!! None of the artists bothered to tell us we were too quiet it was the kids at the front of the dance floor...

So I think I'm pissed at the sound guy and MACKIE... No big deal... the show was successful and i finally did turn it up.

My question is, (took a long time I know) has anyone else encountered this with these top selling monitors? Or was I just surrounded by... well i better just leave it at that!

e

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/25                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Damned Mackie's

Drop

Link?:  No link

Influx taught me this!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/25                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Damned Mackie's

damballah

Link?: Link

uh, don't take the brown acid

Message 23/25                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: Damned Mackie's

99devils

From Woodstock '94:

"The brown acid is... Good?!?"

And so it was  

-Craig

Message 24/25                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: Damned Mackie's

damballah

in 69 the brown acid was baaad, mmm-kay

Message 25/25                 Date: 06-Aug-02  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: Damned Mackie's

99devils

Dude, I ain't that dumb  

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum