0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: What mixer are you using?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  08:51 AM   -   What mixer are you using?

loFreq

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just out of curiousity and the quest for the 'best' DJ mixer. What kinda of mixer do you have and how do you like it.

My first was a Vestax PMC-03a. The Vestax served its role as a beginner mixer, which was a:cheap(129USD) b:decent in quality. The fader on the vestax was tight and took some effort to move, which at the time I thought was good. But on the fader tip, it taught me a lesson. cheap faders suck. It started to leak after 3 months or so. I'd give it a 3 out of 10 overall.

My second and current mixer is a Newmark Pro SM-1. This is a HUGE step up from the little vestax. Let me say that until this series of mixers came out I was not a Numark fan. My old roommate had one and the fader went quicker than the cheaper vestax. But anyway, the faders on this one are KILLER!!! I belive it is a true optical design. In any case, the fader feels smooth and has some weight too it as it should. To compare to the high end(PMC-07PRO)vestax, the vestax fader can be flicked all the way across very easily, while the numark has more resistance. The channel faders have a simlar feel. All the faders and knobs are non-slip rubber that feels nice. Speaking of knobs, the knobs are spaced out perfectly(almost), unlike the expensive vestax mixers, whose knobs are far too close together. Another nice feature is dual headphone-jacks!!!! It has both standard quarter-inch and the tiny walkman type. Bravo! On top of that, the mic connector is a fancy 1/4in\XLR !!  Someone was actually thinking when they designed this thing. I'd give this a 7.5 out of 10. BTW it cost me $380, and they now have a three channel model availible. I would have liked to have had the third turntable option for the extra cash.

I hear stanton is makeing mixers with decent faders, anyone have one?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/22                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: What mixer are you using?

BlooVooDoo

Link?: Link

I use the Technics shdj1200 mixer, simple 2channel job that they use in the dmc scratch championships. Its got a scratchfader in it which isnt ideal for house/techno but if technics could do a version with a smooth fader id have another one in a second. Ive had this mixer for about 3 years and the crossfaders never crackled once, its had shitloads down it (ash,drink etc..) and has been knocked about from place to place but still works perfect. Its heavy and solid for a small mixer and doesnt require contact spray everyweek down the crossfader to keep it from crackling. Only drawback again is the fact it is a scratchfader.

SpinbacK

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/22                 Date: 14-Jun-01  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: What mixer are you using?

loFreq

Link?:  No link

Opinions on Rane mixers? Mars Music has a couple for half off (which is still 4 or 500 US).

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum