0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Was he had???

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 18-Jul-03  @  02:47 AM   -   Was he had???

pict

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

This guy started a thread at the SOS forum announcing his up and coming studio http://www.arby-studios.co.uk/
His equipment choice has drawn some flak what do you think?Ever heard of XYTAR?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/35                 Date: 18-Jul-03  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: Was he had???

psylichon

Link?: Link

on dude's webpage, pict's original link. In the gear section about his desk. Looks like jpg screen captures of the company website literature (the graphics on dude's page are all ripped from there).

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/35                 Date: 18-Jul-03  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: Was he had???

errata

Link?:  No link

OMG...

This is horrible. Didn't this idiot ask some friends or look around AT ALL before paying $23,000 (verified on the xytar website)... OK, if the computer can really record 32 trax simultaneously it's got some value, but the mixers are crap consumer gear (OK, I have a small behringer sub mixer in my own home studio, they're "all right" below 0db but not "pro" studio material).

Those mics are crap, the monitors are crap, Jesus, even the headphones look cheap!!! Too bad, I can think of a lot of better ways to spend that kind of money!

"Arby Studios is the first professional studio in the UK to use
Xytar Digital Systems"

If I rented space at Arby and that's what I found when I walked in I'd laugh my ass right out of the door. I've seen MUCH better set ups in people's bedrooms!

Too funny... so funny it's sad!!!

e

Message 13/35                 Date: 18-Jul-03  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: Was he had???

tortoise

I'm guessing that it HAS to be a n00b with more money than sense. It always blows my mind when people get ripped like this. "A fool and his money..."

Message 14/35                 Date: 18-Jul-03  @  07:47 AM   -   RE: Was he had???

GrooveMonkey

Q. Am I getting value for money and a quality product?

A. In a nutshell, "Yes". Try a London studio with the same level of equipment and knowledge and you could be paying at least twice as much for the same service. Alternatively, try a cheaper studio and you may find amateur knowledge with mediocre equipment who just do recording part time for extra cash. You will certainly be left with a product on a CD that will be of more use as a coaster. Trust me, I have the evidence and the experience and the nightmares still haunt me! Arby Studios feels it offers more than the normal studio at a very reasonable cost.

LMAO.....

Not with all that crappy gear!

G

Message 15/35                 Date: 19-Jul-03  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: Was he had???

Pongoid

Well, there is one other odd possibility and that is that the whole system was bought, and the crap components replaced with better ones. You can mod a mixer to give it better response. Better higher quality power supply, better pots, better preamps, etc... In the right conditions, what may seem to be shit speakers may (VERY RARELY) be tuned into having a correct response, especially if the components are all matched. That's a very small possibility, and chances are the dude took one in the keyster, but one never knows. Oh well, hope he's a happy camper with his new XYTAR system.

Ape

Message 16/35                 Date: 19-Jul-03  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Was he had???

Pongoid

you know...looking at the specs on that Xytar system...a 24/96 file of 32 tracks does not really give you much time on a 2.2 gig removable drive I think this place is probably shite. Just a guess.

Ape

Message 17/35                 Date: 19-Jul-03  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Was he had???

Pongoid

Reading even further...The amps provided...peavey and Line6...oh my. This guy is on the cheap. I'm sure he had the best of intentions, but he's got shite.

Ape

Message 18/35                 Date: 20-Jul-03  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: Was he had???

mcc>

but REALLY! who CARES what IT SOUNDS like!?!?!?!?!
the question is: does it LOOK cool when his lil~girl walks in and he starts playing some oakie track on it and he talks of the quality and expense and agin...does iT LOOK cool? does it make her want to rub his balls and go ooohhh you hot modern sound master....power studio guy> he don't need to make ANY tracks long as she's rubbAN his thang! yes?! no?

Message 19/35                 Date: 20-Jul-03  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: Was he had???

Influx

no...I dont get that impression. what seems to have happened is that some jerk at Turnkey just sold this guy all this shit, and the guy was a dunce and bought it

Im really diggin the 24bit analog mixer!

Message 20/35                 Date: 20-Jul-03  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: Was he had???

d

absolutely, those have more "head" room

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum