0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Drum'N'Bass Area

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 16-Oct-99  @  07:30 PM   -   Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Welcome to this new forum dedicated to the harder, phatter edge of dance music. Share your ideas, tips etc...Discuss about anything concerning the production of "Drum'n'Bass music. Hope this will be an active forum.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/89                 Date: 23-Oct-99  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

yoy85

Jus` 2 backtrack a bit, the 2-step drum pattern was only so fukkin` popular among producers 4 so long cos the they were incapable of programming properly.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/89                 Date: 26-Oct-99  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

chemical

Link?: Link

Yer, you can still pick out the basic 2-step in every dnb track around atm - here in aust. anyway. What got these 'tekstep' parties as they call him here: usual suspects this month or something. So where to from here?

gabba under some nice minor 7th chords?

Message 13/89                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

spectraphonix

what about Photek?
Do you think he use breackbeats or it's a single instrument midi programming???
See Ya!!!

Message 14/89                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

R-Tek

Not sure what u mean. He definately programmes his beats if thats what you`re gettin at.

Message 15/89                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Photek uses breaks, but cuts them, slices them etc. And they get heavely processed, dunno how exactly, but that's how he get's his trademark.

Message 16/89                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

sox

Link?:  Link

I've got an interview with Photek done a couple of years ago (Future Music I think) and he talks about getting live players in to just play (on their own, not together) and he records it to hard disk. Then he chops it up and puts it together at a later time.

Message 17/89                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

atombom

How do most of you guys program your beats? What sequencing software are you using? I use a piano-roll drum grid in the old Cubase type Atari sequencers. My PC's CPU is so tied up with programs that I have two Atari's to take care of the sequencing bits. Lots of screens. Less Windows.

Message 18/89                 Date: 27-Oct-99  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

atombom

How come whenever I start talkin the conversation dies out?

Message 19/89                 Date: 28-Oct-99  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

sox

Link?:  Link

I rarely progam. I play them. Just the advantages of being a drummer I guess 
Other than that though, everything else is done on Cubase VST (PC).

Message 20/89                 Date: 28-Oct-99  @  07:47 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

spectraphonix

I mean:if you listen to Photek recs,they are more than BD-SN-HH stuffs,that's why they sound different from the current D&b works.The secret ,i guess,is what he puts in between Bd and Sn primary rythm,the snare's rudiments.And rudiments,according to me,are not programmed ,but sampled.In an interview he said he uses to sample Elvin Jones,Coltrane's drummer,for example.But what does he sample and how he processes
sounds???that's(my!!!)question!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 89 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum