0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Jazz ethic

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 29-May-02  @  05:57 PM   -   Jazz ethic

Pongoid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

So what are folks thoughts on the Jazz ethic, i.e., particing up your licks, gettin a few good grooves together, and maybe even following something like a modified Jazz chart/progression whree folks have solos and accents to grooves, and such and get together with whole groups of other electrinoic musicians, and do live, once-in-a-lifetime stylie onstge for an audience?

Ape

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/17                 Date: 01-Jul-02  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: Jazz ethic

milan

Link?: Link

wow, that sounds great. i just missed carl craig and leon ware live in concert, because i was away, but i guess that would have been pretty interesting gig to see.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/17                 Date: 02-Jul-02  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Jazz ethic

knowa

yeah it was totally outrageous. I forgot to mention that he had his whole mix (minus vocals and horns) ging through a kaoss pad and an AirFX and was deftly squashing the whole mix to fractalized vocode-bits in rhythm.

Pongoid, you gotta see this.

Message 13/17                 Date: 02-Jul-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Jazz ethic

influx

damn I would love to see this!

Message 14/17                 Date: 03-Jul-02  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Jazz ethic

k

I saw this guy live a few weeks back who used a mic & delay sampling pedal & sampled sections of beats made with the harmonica/mouth, then overlaid new riffs etc.. he was brilliant!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/17                 Date: 04-Jul-02  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Jazz ethic

Pongoid

Would love to. That sounds like good shit. Need more folks on this tip. Maybe not with exactly same techniques, but the kind of improv'd feel and command. Coolness.

Ape

Message 16/17                 Date: 05-Jul-02  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: Jazz ethic

marianimal

Link?:  No link

When he played in SF he brought out a box of glass bottles, smashed them one by one and sampled that. I was a little concerned cos Dani wasn't wearing shoes among all the broken glass but it was pretty darn exciting nonetheless.

Message 17/17                 Date: 05-Jul-02  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: Jazz ethic

Drop

Link?:  No link

Yer Herberts cool. He also records as Dr Rocket. The vocalist's name is Dani Scilliconi or something like that. The album before Bodily Functions was wicked. I think it was called "Around The House". Kinda deep house but instead of using hi-hats, he used the sound of spoons and jam jar lids and crazyness like that.

He is Excellent.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum