0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: So who plays guitar?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  03:23 PM   -   So who plays guitar?

99devils

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

So how many guitar players are here? What are you using? Me, I've got a pair of Steinbergers, a GR4 and a GT7, and a jap strat with EMGs and a floyd. I use the POD at home and a Peavey 5150 for live.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/16                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  07:56 AM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

fiddleface

Link?: Link

Battered but well loved old fender strat

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/16                 Date: 24-Mar-01  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

bassbrap

i play gee-tar! and bass gee-tar!

I have a Fender Jaguar, Epiphone Sheraton, and a cheap (but awesome) yamaha strat-style for electrics. For acoustics I have a 1971 Martin D-18 and an old Hoffner 12 string acoustic/electric that my dad bought in italy when he went to europe as a teenager. I also have a really awesome mid-80's Ibanez Roadstar II bass with a birdseye maple top that i bought at a pawn shop when i was 16.

I use a russian built Sovtek MIG60 tube head, and for pedals i have a boss metal zone, electro harmonix small stone, and a dunlop crybaby, thought the latter two get more use as studio fx than stompboxes.

rock out with your cock out
bricks

Message 13/16                 Date: 28-Mar-01  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

Pongoid

http://www.mindwaltz.de/schack.htm

http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Schack/Pro-4-String-Bass-01.html

After doing a little more research, I find out that it seems like Shack's carbon stuff was his easy shit. You should see some of his woodwork. OMG! Some of his instruments go for around $6000US new, but take a look and see why...
Mine probably went for around 4. I picked it up in Paris, used for just under 2. That was a steal.

http://www.e--team.de/SCHACK%20LIMITED%205-STRING%20PURPLE-BLUE%20SONDER-EDITION%2085.htm

The pickups he uses are the sickest. Except for the tuning pegs, I believe he has designed and built it all himself. Check out his bridge and saddle designs. This guy is serious about getting the whole instrument to work. He even throws on a 25th fret just to get the shit slapped out of it, so you don't wear out your playable range.

Hope that gives you a little more insight. At the end of the day, you just have to hear it.

ape

Message 14/16                 Date: 03-Apr-01  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

robski27

Hi everyone i am a pro guitarist and would like to speak to anyone about guitars or effects or anything recording related

Message 15/16                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

mikec

I've got an old Aria Pro II, a Takamine electro-acoutsic, and old cheap Yamaha acoustic and a Ibanez 5-string bass. And a Rocktron Chameleon-online.

My next major purchase will, without a shadow of a doubt, be a Roland VG-88.

MikeC

Message 16/16                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

brentym

Link?:  Link

two les pauls (a 72 and a 76), a 68 marshall stack, a POD for recording at home, various effects, an epiphone acoustic, and an epiphone bass. also have this weird little ibanez called the "axstar" that fits under the seat of the van for touring. its really bizarre looking, though.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum