0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: distortion on hihats?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 16-Aug-05  @  02:38 PM   -   distortion on hihats?

milan

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

how about it? do you ever use it? helps get those off-beat hats nice and wooshy if you know how to control it, no?

any comments?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/13                 Date: 26-Aug-05  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: distortion on hihats?

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

thats like the second time ive called you andrew- where did i get that from?!?!?!?!?!?

if we are singing from the same sheet the sound im after sound a bit like its got some shaker in there-time tos te the gear up again i think

greg

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/13                 Date: 26-Aug-05  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: distortion on hihats?

milan

Link?: Link

yeah, i think its the same that i'm talking about. thats the whooshy bit. hey, no one ever said you cant double up a hat with a shaker! in fact, i'm working on a groove where the shaker IS the main hat, doubled up subtly with some other bits for variation.

Message 13/13                 Date: 26-Aug-05  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: distortion on hihats?

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

yar a few of my tracks have shakers instead of hats- in fact i also clip the ends of for that 'chick' 'chick' hat sound....

a good tip from steve was to side chain you hats- use a 1/16th note as a trigger and get that to trigger on the 3rd 16th of the bar...therefore for the first 16th of your hat its compressed and then rushes back up to volume- probably more suited to techno, probably something you've known for years but def a cool tip!!
g
reg

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum