0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: rolls

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 31-Dec-00  @  01:47 AM   -   rolls

cormyr

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I am trying to figure out how to do those dynamic snare, hi-hat, and kick drum rolls that are so prevalent in trance and techno, especially GOA. They aren't just straight 16th or 32nd rolls, they seem to vary smoothly in velocity and and when done right, have dynamics that make them sound almost like they were played by a live drummer (a la Hallucinogen, Pleiadians etc). What hardware/software/midi technique is used to do that stuff. Anyone know?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/13                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: rolls

Jasper

well unless someone has worked it out, I can't get the sample offset thing to register small enough jumps to get the small changes you need for the phasing effect.. it like goes 0 offset for velocity 0 then will jump to 1000 for velocity 1.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/13                 Date: 18-Jan-01  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: rolls

jj

I can't get it to do much of anything. I turn the function on, but then vary my velo, but I'll be damned if the start position changes at all. Am I missing something?

Message 13/13                 Date: 19-Jan-01  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: rolls

Jasper

well I messed with this last night and I got it working with the program lfo, I setup matrix 1 like this.

proglfo, start pos, and the amount in screen2 is +-1.

try this, set controler 0 (modulation) to change start pos and give it a value of 1.. now use the keyboard controler.. this works.

nice with hats this.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum