0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Drum Sub Groups

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 17-Sep-02  @  02:13 PM   -   Drum Sub Groups

Drop

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

My question is about grouping drums through a compressor.

My kick and bass are shoved through seperate compressors. Then I send the rest of my drums to a seperate compressor.

At the moment, I send the drum track (not kick) to groups 1 and 2 on my makie and have the main L&R switch on each track I'm sending to the compressor up.

The thing is that I want that pumping compression going on and to do that I have to send the kick to the same compressor as the rest of the drums. To do that, I need to send the kick but when I lift the L&R switch on that channel, the signal is not going to the kicks individual compressor.

Do you lot have the desk returning a mix between the compressed and uncompressed drums or do you just monitor the compressed drums via sub group 1 and 2.

Not explaining this well but hopefully you get the drift. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/11                 Date: 18-Sep-02  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: Drum Sub Groups

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Don't be angry with me Milan.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum