0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: numbskull question of the day

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 27-Aug-06  @  07:42 PM   -   numbskull question of the day

nutoniom

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Can i plug my guitar in my Pro-one audio in ? Or in my mb-404.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 30-Aug-06  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

k

Link?:  Link

well not the guitar output direct cos it has not enuff level surely, but after a pre-amp/amp yes to get the level up

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/12                 Date: 30-Aug-06  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

nutoniom

Could i go like this: guitar==d­irect box==mixer channel==direct out==pro-one ?

Message 4/12                 Date: 31-Aug-06  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

k

i'd have thought so, is this an audio line level input or trigger input? in either case, yes, but guitar pickups dont wack out enuff raw output by themselves i'd have thought

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12                 Date: 31-Aug-06  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

nutoniom

It's an audio in. I just don't want to fry anything.

Message 6/12                 Date: 31-Aug-06  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

nutoniom

This is what the manual has to say about it
3-1 AUDIO IN
This jack allows an external audio input to be mixed and processed by the Pro-One's filter and amplifier. The input drives an internal envelope detector which generates a GATE once the input level has passed the threshold set by the MIXER NOISE/EXT knob. The GATE which is produced controls the filter and amplifier envelope generators. This GATE can also advance the arpeggiator or sequencer when these keyboard controls are selected. It overrides both the LFO/CLOCK and the GATE/CLK IN input (see below).

To enable the gate generator, REPEAT/EXT MODE must be selected. The input is very sensitive, being drivable by a microphone or electric guitar pickup. Line-level audio can overdrive the input. The principle for correct adjustment of the GATE generator is to set the MIX NOISE/ XT knob at the minimum level necessary for consistent or adequate gating. Observe the GATE LED for aid in adjustment.

bah! not very interesting...

Message 7/12                 Date: 31-Aug-06  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

k

yeah man, just run a line-level out from whatever guitar preamp, pod, etc.

Message 8/12                 Date: 31-Aug-06  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

k

btw, if you're messin with guitars i can 100% recommend that piss cheap Behringer vamp-2 - tons of variety for a measly 65 quid, build quality is a tad flimsy, but it sound fantastic for the price. (fx included)

Message 9/12                 Date: 31-Aug-06  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

nutoniom

how would you say the Vamp compares, soundwise, with the Amplitube 1 ? The thing is i can't run amplitube inline, my celeron 350 just chokes on it. I don't feel like changing my computer just to run a plugin, seems overkill.

Message 10/12                 Date: 01-Sep-06  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: numbskull question of the day

k

it compares very well, the main thing tho is ease of use, anytime anywhere

of course, once you've recorded the guitar thru a modeller like Vamp2, the sound recorded to the pc is fixed whereas with amplitube or the like and a raw recorded signal you can change the sound AFTER recording, but the vamp has many ready to go tones and fx and you can edit sounds via the free pc edit s/w which works well. You can btw record with vamp2 and then add amplitube of course, so for example if you record a distorted guitar thru vamp2 and then add a different distortion in amplitube, overall, the sound will switch to the amplitube eq tone in the selected preset, and you just get more gain, but once gain get's to a certain point it doesn't really 'gain' any further. The vamp2 does have clean settings fo course and a 'tube pre' preset which sounds like a typical DI'd guitar.

oh yes, also it works as a hardware controller. You cant re-assign the CC's it sends out from all it's pots, but you can remap them in the sequencer, and as a controller it works 100% like a BCR controller mixer in practice, so you get an added bunus hardware controller with plenty of CC sending pots

build quality is quite cheap and poor tho, the case is robust enuff considering it's plastic, but the sockets are pretty low quality for example

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum