0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 01-Aug-05  @  03:35 PM   -   bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Any one using these? I'm thinking of purchasing them.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 01-Aug-05  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

psylichon

Link?: Link

Yes, both. The Vintage Warmer is a classic native plugin. Tons of options and a great sound. Just don't overdo it. Quite easy on the CPU, too.

I would pass on the BBE. I was never a fan of the hardware units, though, so if you are then you might like it. To me, it just adds brittleness to anything that passes through it. No warmth. Go with the VW for that.

Message 3/13                 Date: 01-Aug-05  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

milan

here here... me like vintage warmer too!

Message 4/13                 Date: 01-Aug-05  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

Dominic

Cool thanks. Have you heard the software version Psy? S'possed to employ some very clever programming. I've been reading that you get better results from using enhancers to shape sounds rather than eq because alot of synth sounds kinda sound good enough already. So you employing the psp on almost all your individual tracks or just over say a sub group?

Message 5/13                 Date: 01-Aug-05  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

k

Link?:  Link

i like the bbe tho, no, it's not 'warm', it's not designed to be, but add a tad (use sparingly like all 'exciter' type fx) and it really tightens up your track alot! -

have you checked the BBE review here on the site? - it's got an audio demo of some audio being processed & a direct audio comparison with the hardware version

+ of course try the demo, there should be one at the company site

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/13                 Date: 02-Aug-05  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

beds

i'd pass on the bbe too. maybe think about spectralive as an alternative

Message 7/13                 Date: 02-Aug-05  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

psylichon

yes, i used the bbe plugin and while it's much cleaner sounding than the hardware version (which i at one time bought then sold after realizing it was killing my mixes), it's still not the sound I generally go for. You can often do similar effects less destructively with another good plugin

Like the vintage warmer.

Message 8/13                 Date: 02-Aug-05  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

Dominic

Cheers guys. Thanks alot.

K - I can't find the BBE review? Where's it then?

Message 9/13                 Date: 02-Aug-05  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

k

go to frontpage and name-search for 'bbe' under the form MODEL feild

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/13                 Date: 02-Aug-05  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: bbe maximiser and psp vintage warmer

k

bbe review

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum