0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/33                 Date: 22-Sep-04  @  10:01 AM   -   Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

god damnit it's quiet around here.... and with a product release announcement to boot!

To me, it sounds like they hit just the areas they needed to to stay on top, as usual. Group editing means I might be able to finally use all those discreet drums tracks I've stolen from clients for the past few years...

J/k.... or AM i.....???.....

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/33                 Date: 22-Sep-04  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

k

Link?:  Link

ooo! - a mute tool - about time! - did they add an arrange-page GRID by any chance yet I wonder? - hows' the looping? - and finaly - they mention better CPU use... that's one thing I always noticed about SONAR, great features but using SO much more cpu than all the other sequencers

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/33                 Date: 22-Sep-04  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

craig

I'll tell you something I'm happy about. Their product tour is finally going to include some of the smaller markets. When they did the Sonar 3 tour, they had like 5 dates in New York State, but all 5 were in NYC. This year they're coming to Buffalo.

I do plan on upgrading but I'll probably wait to do it until after (or at) the product tour. I've been doing so little music this summer  

Message 4/33                 Date: 22-Sep-04  @  09:30 PM     Edit: 22-Sep-04  |  09:31 PM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

psylichon

I've heard that Sonar3 added lots of graphical overhead to the system, so things like zooming and editing interrupted the CPU too much to sustain fluid audio. Apparently they've trimmed a lot of that down to size so larger projects no longer bring your system to a crawl.

Small projects were never a problem, just ones with lots of tracks or edits, even if they were archived.

Editable freeze function is pretty shweet for CPU issues, too...

Message 5/33                 Date: 22-Sep-04  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

craig

Not like I haven't been bitching for freeze since like Cake 8  

Message 6/33                 Date: 23-Sep-04  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

psylichon

sorry, but audio metronome and clip muting has been on the bitch list for waaaaay longer, craig

Message 7/33                 Date: 23-Sep-04  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

k

wheres the grid dammit!!!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/33                 Date: 23-Sep-04  @  02:06 PM     Edit: 23-Sep-04  |  02:27 PM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

L$8

Link?:  No link

Doesn't Sonar3 already have a grid?

If you set the mode to "Move To" instead of the default "Move By", then everything will snap to the duration you choose (whole, half, quarter etc...).

Message 9/33                 Date: 23-Sep-04  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

k

well it's awhile since i used it but i cant remember sorry

Message 10/33                 Date: 29-Sep-04  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: Sonar4... talk about it, damnit

sitar

I find I usually use move by. When I have a hit in the right spot it's easy to drag or CTRL drag copy to the same relative position in another measure.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum