0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Cubase Samplers

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 14-Jun-04  @  08:56 PM   -   Cubase Samplers

seantyas

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hmmmm, still on the verge of going from logic to cubase, now this brings me to the next major concern:

I have taken a few cubase tutorials and the program itself looks easy enough, but I have aton of EXS instruments I would like to bring over....

What sampler in the cubase environment (most for drums) would be the best way to go, that can also import exs files.

I actually think the exs import might not be the most important thing. i want one that can import large groups of drum hits and map them one per key automatically....

Is this possible with anything other than halion??

Also, with halion, can i set it so that it plays the whole sample no matter how long i hold down the key? seems like it only wants to play a sample for as long as I hold a key...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 14-Jun-04  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

k

Link?:  Link

why doncha use EXS24 vsti?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13                 Date: 15-Jun-04  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

sox

Link?:  Link

The EXSP is an .exs sample player only.(for PC)
It can import the EXS files but you can't load wavs or anything.

Other than that though, it's exactly the same.

sox

Message 4/13                 Date: 15-Jun-04  @  05:26 AM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

seantyas

I guess thats a temporary solution.. but i would rather go to the "next level" than just "plug a hole" type thing...

hmm i suppose the contenders would be: kontakt, battery, halion

Message 5/13                 Date: 15-Jun-04  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

milan

why would you go from Logic to Cubase tho??

Message 6/13                 Date: 15-Jun-04  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

dARKSTATe

Shuddap Milan! Fer chrissakes boy!

Don't make me come over there and open up a can'o'whupass!

Message 7/13                 Date: 15-Jun-04  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

milan

well he's a long time logic user, he's already on a mac, so i'm wondering whats the motivation really?

Message 8/13                 Date: 15-Jun-04  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

seantyas

that is tru i WAS a long time logic user...

but after all this time and being frustrated by watching the PCs truly creep up in stability and speed, i felt it was time to switch back to the platform I did once previously call home...

I work 100% in virtual synths, and as far as I have witnessed so far, cubase/pc just runs ANYTHING. and it runs it well...

Logic, though I am an AVID logic-person, just can't do that. Granted there are still tons of things i feel logic still does better....

I like to shock my way of working every once in a while, because it unavoidably will affect my sound, which I am looking to do.

Message 9/13                 Date: 15-Jun-04  @  04:28 PM     Edit: 15-Jun-04  |  04:29 PM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

dARKSTATe

Welcome back mate... SX2 is as good a home as any and you're right about the availability and abundance of instruments available under the VST platform (if not always the most stable, but then I guess that's down to the individual vendors eh?).

Samplewise, if you don't want to run EXSP any more than you have to, you'll be well served by Kontakt or HALion 2. I guess it really is a case of picking through the barrage of specs for what you want and then having a good listen to them both..

Message 10/13                 Date: 16-Jun-04  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: Cubase Samplers

seantyas

i think my primary usage would be just to map drums to individual keys and use the sampelr as a drum machine, which is what i use the exs for now, so would battery more efficiently serve in that fashion? or is kontakt better all around?

I really dont like how I've seen halion work, how programs and such are organized, though i may not have seen enough of it..

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum