0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20                 Date: 18-Jun-03  @  11:03 PM   -   Anyone still use a Bstation?

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I just wanted to tell you all I'm still in love with mine...still I find it hard to 'smooth' out its sound in the lower registers...it's sounding a bit 'rumbling' not smooth...Any tips?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/20                 Date: 19-Jun-03  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

groovemonkey

yeah I still use mine all the time, got the keyboard version.

I get the same rumblings you talk about, use a low cut filter around 80-100Hz that should remove rumblings without affecting the bass too much. Though it wont go away totally. I figure without a sine wave osc you'll never get really smooth basses.

G

Message 3/20                 Date: 19-Jun-03  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

k

Link?:  No link

yup... never part with mine.. it's too good sounding, portable (battery too) and is ideal to quickly move to another room with a PC as a quick portable master keyboard or controller unit... versatile!

Message 4/20                 Date: 19-Jun-03  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Bastiaan

It did get a nasty kickdrum the other day by using the SAW LFO (not the 2 nd envelope) to control the 24db LPF (with full oscillation).....

it is one the the most direct, fun to have and play and good sounding lil piece of battery powered gear one can ever own I guess...I have the keyboard version too btw.

Message 5/20                 Date: 20-Jun-03  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

k

they should re-release it I think.

Message 6/20                 Date: 20-Jun-03  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Bastiaan

Yup....with the specs of the SuperBstation...(does that one have noise?) 2 or 3 extra waveforms, maybe an extra filter type or 2 (18 db!), and better knobs...I'd kill for that (especially if they'd release it in the Bstation KB size or K-station)....There's something higly energetic about RAW and real analog...I never believed what I considered to be a hype but it's true...

Message 7/20                 Date: 20-Jun-03  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Broken Silence

Are both the KB version and the Rack the same? I've heard the KB is better from some and other people say the rack is...is there really any difference?

Message 8/20                 Date: 22-Jun-03  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

GrooveMonkey

Sound wise they are indentical as far as I know. Except the rack version can store more presets, the kb only stores 7!

Message 9/20                 Date: 23-Jun-03  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

Deano

Still use mine occasionally, but more often as a controller keyboard these days. Sound creation is usually done on the Supernova now. The thing I love about it though is that, in true analogue style, it seems sometimes to have a mind of its own. Ironically the thing it does worst is basses.

Message 10/20                 Date: 24-Jun-03  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Anyone still use a Bstation?

k

lol - no no!... the secret is to WACK UP the volume and turn DOWN the filter.... feel that bass fish!

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum