0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: need a sample fx sound

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15                 Date: 16-Jan-03  @  12:40 AM   -   need a sample fx sound

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

piano strings being dragged over - anyone got it or can make us a few at different speeds?....... you'd get a film credit at Cannes this year

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/15                 Date: 16-Jan-03  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

a.d.d.

Link?:  No link

i can do fender rhodes tines. probably not the kind of piano you're looking for though.

Message 3/15                 Date: 16-Jan-03  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

k

no no - I mean where you open the top of a REA; piano, and drag a plectrum or some other sharp object across the strings in the piano case

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/15                 Date: 16-Jan-03  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

Maarten

Link?: Link

Wouldn't you be inflicting pain on your piano? No wonder you ask someone else  

Message 5/15                 Date: 16-Jan-03  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

99devils

Actually, I've already got a credit there this year   One of my tracks was used in an indy that's going.

-Craig

Message 6/15                 Date: 16-Jan-03  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

dr_bubble

Link?:  No link

Ahh.. the prepared piano ala John Cage. One of the granddaddies of all noise art.

I know that the Roland JD800 synth has a "Prepared Piano" patch. But I guess it would be much easier and sound a lot better to just find a piano somewhere. And alas, this somewhere is not here. Good luck! ;)

Cheers,

Matthew

Message 7/15                 Date: 16-Jan-03  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

psylichon

I have one... did it in my schooling days for a complete audio redo of a scene from "Easy Rider." I just have to (a.) get my audio hardware working again after my motherboard swap yesterday and (b) find the original ADR session in my backups. Short of that I have the mixdown and I think it's pretty well isolated for a bit, long enough for sampling and looping anyway. Stay tuned...

psy

Message 8/15                 Date: 16-Jan-03  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

psylichon

File?:  File

scratchedpiano.mp3

couldn't find the original session... it's WAY old. But here's the sound from the mixdown. It has a big heavy drum underneath, but perhaps with some filtering... EQ... looping... ?

enjoy

psy

Message 9/15                 Date: 19-Jan-03  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

psylichon

well at least tell me if it worked for you or not.

Message 10/15                 Date: 19-Jan-03  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: need a sample fx sound

k

thatnks for sending that - it might not be useable but cheers for the effort, we'll try it.

btw - working making original sound fx to video images is great fun!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum