0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: What is TDM?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 08-Jan-03  @  11:29 AM   -   What is TDM?

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Gents,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. When people and manuals talk about TDM (ie Virus TDM) system, what do they mean?

Is the virus TDM for example, just a totally digital verion of the access virus that lives inside the computer? A bit like a soft synth.

Or am I totally off track?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 08-Jan-03  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: What is TDM?

k

Link?:  Link

it's a virus on a dsp card for pro-tools

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11                 Date: 08-Jan-03  @  01:56 PM   -   RE: What is TDM?

Dominic

Cheers K.

I was reading an article about the producers Stargate and they were talking about the Virus TDM. They were saying that they use it for ALL their basslines.

So really its a pro tools thing?

Message 4/11                 Date: 08-Jan-03  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: What is TDM?

psylichon

Link?: Link

yes, it's a softsynth for Pro Tools TDM and HD systems (not Digi 001/002/Mbox/LE) that effectively recreates an Access Virus A in the computer. It's one of the few soft synths I've seen for TDM (or Pro-Tools at all for that matter). They don't make it for any other plugin format, though.

psylichon

Message 5/11                 Date: 08-Jan-03  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: What is TDM?

milan

yeah, it would eat up your cpu like nothing if it were dx or vst. and TDM stands for Time Division Multiplex if anyone was asking, which they probably werent. oh well...

Message 6/11                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: What is TDM?

Dominic

LOL. Cheers gents.

Message 7/11                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: What is TDM?

k

Link?:  Link

anwyays - it's the exact same as a hardware virus right?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/11                 Date: 09-Jan-03  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: What is TDM?

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

acutally, it has up to 80 voices while the
hardware version has 24.

Message 9/11                 Date: 10-Jan-03  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: What is TDM?

espoo2

wow.

Message 10/11                 Date: 11-Jan-03  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: What is TDM?

psylichon

80 voices of the same synth

*shudder*

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum