0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Chime smaples

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/24                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  03:57 PM   -   Chime smaples

BJT

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Where could I get my hands on some quality chime sounds.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/24                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

bedwyr

Link?: Link

how you mean "chime" ? bells? church bells? hand bells? wha?

Message 3/24                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

BJT

I can't find there actual title anywhere. Similar to windchimes but smaller, metal atleast 24 of em. Used in classical I think, very very bright sound. A synth patch that does this would be handy too.

Message 4/24                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

BJT

Its a percussive sound.

Message 5/24                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

xoxos

tubular bells? yum. beats me   i can render a mid file on z1 (modeled) or some cheesy jv1010?

nothing beats some 4op fm church bells round this time of year tho..

Message 6/24                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

99devils

Glockenspiel? But that's a big sucker...

-Craig

Message 7/24                 Date: 11-Dec-02  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

psylichon

a belltree? Like 24 1/4" bars decreasing in size from like 5 inches to 1, all suspended by strings on a bar? You slowly run a metal stick down it and it's, like, all dreamy man (especially with a proper stereo mic treatment... yum)

not sure where to get a good sample of one though. They're hard to capture well without some distortion. Listen to my tracks and maybe I'll sample the one at work for you ;)

but maybe you just mean a xylophone or marimba. they're easy to come by, sample-wise. aren't glocks small?

psy

Message 8/24                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  05:07 AM   -   RE: Chime smaples

BJT

Yeah Belltrees.

Message 9/24                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

errata

Fleetwood Mac uses one a lot in "tell me lies"... I believe the song starts out with it, all alone, no back ground music, I think. It would be perfect for sampling... if, um... you were that kind of person.

e

Message 10/24                 Date: 12-Dec-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Chime smaples

psylichon

just checked... it doesn't

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum