0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: In Case you haven't

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 23-Sep-02  @  05:35 AM   -   In Case you haven't

errata

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

You should really get out to see Pongoid! Goddamn... dude, you kick ass!!!

Went to the party Saturday night and saw Pongoid and Duo Electro (Brad, MR wet) Both were very impressive. Duo Elctro's got the meaty breaks! Thanks guys for a decent party!!! My girl was burnt by the time 4:00am came 'round, so we bailed out. No disrespect intended! Very good vibe. We have been looking to play more regional parties, met some great folks.

Thanks again...

e

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 23-Sep-02  @  08:18 AM     Edit: 23-Sep-02  |  08:22 AM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

brad

Link?: Link

Duo Electro is me *and* marianimal, heh, thanks for the compliments. I didn't get fully *in* to the set b/c of tech problems...I didn't let them fuck us up, and I doubt anyone but us noticed, but still I didn't get 100% into the set. There were some real good moments tho.

Yeah Pongoid and Aaron (the guy playing the laptop) did really well, despite the fact that the cops came and the systems were turned down right at the beginning of their set. as you saw, they kind of went more dubby and mellow at that point, which makes a lot more sense than trying to do pumping-ass techno on a turned-down system. BUt it eventually got back up tho didn't it?

Didja have any of that home-brewed beer?? damn, it was good ;-)

Message 3/13                 Date: 23-Sep-02  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

errata

The beer was VERY good.

Yeah, impressive the way they can go to whatever sets the situation. It's why I'm always goin' on about having gear when you play out. They were able to shift gears, and play to the need. Very nice...

e

Message 4/13                 Date: 24-Sep-02  @  06:52 AM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

Pongoid

Errata, thanks for coming down. Glad that you and your companions could make it. Sorry I wasn't more sociable, I had a very busy time trying to get my sequences sorted. MMT8's can be a bit particular at times, but it worked out in the end. Yes it was a shame when we had to turn down, but in fact it didn't last that long, and we were up again in probably 20 minutes
the cops never made it past the gate, so it was rather disappointing to see most folks taking off when they did. As for the flexibility of gear, yes it's very cool in that way. In fact I was completely unprepared for that really slow stuff, and just kinda flew by the seat of my pants for it. Amazing what you can do with a random multi, some decent drum patterns, non-BPM specific samples and sequences, and a delay pedal!!! I doubt one could do so easily with a computer.

Ape

Message 5/13                 Date: 24-Sep-02  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

errata

No worries about your sociability. I totaly understand, and am the same way at shows. We stayed past the police incident, in fact if Brad hadn't told me I would never have known. My girl just crashed out on me so we had to go, but you had played for over an hour when I left.

I was really impressed with some of the sounds later in the set. It was almost more industrial towards the end... very intense stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to catching you again in the future... Jesse said he left you a CD of our live mix during your set, did'ya get it?

e

Message 6/13                 Date: 25-Sep-02  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

Pure Phase

Where was the party at? is it in the US or UK?
I just need to get out and see some live electronic stuff, to give me motivation to do the same. Especially if your using MMT8's.

Message 7/13                 Date: 25-Sep-02  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

bedwyr

it's in the us

Message 8/13                 Date: 25-Sep-02  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

Pongoid

Errata,
Jesse did give me the disk. Thank you. I'll probably listen to it today. Sorry I havenm't done it sooner, I'm just in the middle of a storm of activity. Getting ready for the next few gigs.. For anybody in the NW...

http://www.nwtekno.org/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=615617

There will also be a party in Eugene on the 28th. More info on that shortly.

Ape

Message 9/13                 Date: 28-Sep-02  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

errata

no worries, I just wanted to be sure you got it.

We're playing with Chris and Julian Liberator on 10-11-02. It's a campout here in NorCal if anyone wants to come out...

e

Message 10/13                 Date: 28-Sep-02  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: In Case you haven't

brad

yo e- listening to your CD now- it's good!! Pretty good with them synths there are ya? Very cool.

So give me more info about this party...like I said I wanna come out and see you guys...is 10/11 party mostly trance or what? will hotdogs and marshmellows be supplied for the campout? Heh heh, duhh...

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum