0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 07-Sep-02  @  12:48 PM   -   Korg ES1 Factory Reset

Kungfu Monkeys

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi I have one of these little boxes and have spent hours loading samples into it from my smart media card, unfortunately I forgot to chop the sample res down to 32. It works but is really slow when moving between samples.

Does anyone know how to do a factory reset and delete all samples in one go?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 14-Sep-02  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

influx

Link?: Link

still no dice on this one? I was curious too

Message 3/11                 Date: 14-Sep-02  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

Psylichon

lighter fluid, matches....?

Message 4/11                 Date: 14-Sep-02  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

Steve Roughley

Dunno if this applies to the ES1, but here's how I do it with my EM1:

Power off.

Hold down the Transpose and Write keys and turn power back on.

The display will indicate "PLd" and Play/Pause will blink.

Press play and wait about 30 secs and it will be finished and return to normal mode.

I just figure that, being similar interfaces, the reset function might be the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/11                 Date: 14-Sep-02  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

Steve Roughley

Better yet, here's the owners manual for the ES1:

http://www.korg.com/downloads/pdf/ES1_OM.pdf

Regards.

Steve.

Message 6/11                 Date: 14-Sep-02  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

influx

doesnt say in the manual

Message 7/11                 Date: 14-Sep-02  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

Steve Roughley

Aha. I see. Usually a factory reset restores the unit to its original state with its original patterns etc. So I don't know if this would be available for erasing all of the samples. It may even have been completely omitted, as it is a sampler.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 8/11                 Date: 14-Sep-02  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

Kungfu Monkeys

I found a document on Korg Canada which details resetting all korg machines

Electribe-S
Must have a Smart Media Reader/Writer and a Smart Media card to do a product upgrade. Copy o.s to smart media card. Put Smart Media card into ES1 and power on holding SAMPLE and GLOBAL. When the display indicates end, power down.

Check O.S. Power on holding RECORD and STOP, current o.s. 1.04

So I guess I would have to reinstall the OS to do a kind of reset. seems a bit odd because you can reset all the other electribes.

Message 9/11                 Date: 14-Sep-02  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

influx

I dont think installing an OS would clear the memory, would it?

Message 10/11                 Date: 16-Sep-02  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Korg ES1 Factory Reset

Kungfu Monkeys

no idea, got bored thinking about it and instead deleted all the samples, took about 10 minutes....

replaced them all with 32Khz 8Bit drum samples and now it operates superbly sounds absolutely amazing. really dirty and crunchy. who needs all that 24bit malarkey?

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum