0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Do you use sample cds?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36                 Date: 01-Aug-02  @  03:51 PM   -   Do you use sample cds?

proximus

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Do you use sample cds and if you do, how important is it to your music?

I don't use sample cds but sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out..

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/36                 Date: 01-Aug-02  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

milan

NO. i have one sample cd with breakbeats, and untill now i have only ever taken few individual drum hits which i have then burried deep within my tracks.

you see, i cant play keys propperly nor can i sing. i dont have any "propper" musical skills. only thing i can do is engineer/program/sequence stuff, so if i started using other peoples work for _that_, like loops and such, where would _my_ musical input be? nowhere...

having said that, i wish i had a good vocal sample cd!

Message 3/36                 Date: 01-Aug-02  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

Drop

Link?:  No link

I use sample CDs all the time. There are only a couple of really good ones though.

Milan - you should check out Spectrasonics "Vocal Planet". Its the best vocal CD out there.

Message 4/36                 Date: 01-Aug-02  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

chroma

i would if i needed proper strings or something...specific instruments like piano, rhodes things...but for synthy sounds and drums...i dont feel the need nor see the point

Message 5/36                 Date: 01-Aug-02  @  06:11 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

99devils

I've got some. I really only use 'em for one-shot drum hits though, or real instrument sounds. I use the downloadable Akai CDs all the time.

-Craig

Message 6/36                 Date: 01-Aug-02  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

bedwyr

For strings and other orchestral stuff, sometimes very important! Mostly i could just use a synth for strings, but you can't beat the (sampled) real thing when it's needed.

Message 7/36                 Date: 01-Aug-02  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

99devils

I don't have any synths with good strings or pianos or brasses in them. The CS1X is the closest thing I've got. Why buy new romplers that take up space when you can grab a sample CD?

-Craig

Message 8/36                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

Drop

I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky, I think about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar......

Message 9/36                 Date: 02-Aug-02  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

heh

He believed he can try it on with kids too!

Message 10/36                 Date: 03-Aug-02  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: Do you use sample cds?

influx

I use sample CDs for loops for background noise

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum