0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: so who plays proper instruments?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message 1/87                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  02:32 PM   -   so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hehe! "proper"

anyway, i've played sax in various bands for the last ten years, how about you lot then?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/87                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

what do you think?

Message 3/87                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

eh? i was asking if anyone played 'traditional' instruments. sense of humour, innit. i read you play bass pongoid, anyone else?

just curious ...

Message 4/87                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

influx

bass on an amateur level

learned trumpet in elementary school 

Message 5/87                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

brentym

i play guitar professionally, bass when i record demos, and keyboards terribly.

Message 6/87                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Defector Z

Guitar. Poorly. I've been known to sing a bit as well. (Voice counts, right?)

Message 7/87                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

dijeridoo! but i'm awful.

classical piano lessons when i was young.
HATED it then but now i wish i had stuck with
it.

drums. marching band in high school.
hardcore bands for a whole lot of years. don't
play too much anymore  

i always wanted to learn guitar.

Message 8/87                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Mindspawn

Well, in addition to my "improper" instruments, I used to play lead guitar in a bunch of different rock and metal bands of no consequence, I play a decent rhythm on most hand drums, Tabla and Tabuna being me favorites, I play decent Bass, a bit of Cello and Viola, Mandolin, Thumb Piano (yes, I said "thumb" piano), my waaaay cool new Ocean Harp (fugging very cool noises in that creature...), and occasionally I've been known to actually try and vocalize, but I claim no proficiency in that area....

Peace

Message 9/87                 Date: 01-Apr-02  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

damballah

guitar and bass were my main things growin' up and I still work out lots of stuff on them, I'll bang out fairly simple shit on keys and I've been known to hit stuff with my hands or with sticks. pretty much anything I don't have to blow into. except melodica.

Message 10/87                 Date: 03-Apr-02  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

do I have to say it again. other things I've played, piano, guitar, congas and percussion both latin and african live with a jazz group...that was cool and the girls loved congas  , singing....that counts. Studied tabla for about a year before getting shanghai'd by the sitar.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum