0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: did anyone see that uk TV show?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  05:38 AM   -   did anyone see that uk TV show?

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

top 10 guitarists?.. i stayed in to watch it and nearly smashed the TV ... did you see who they had as their top 10 all time greatest guitarists?.. fuck me sideways... Johhny Marr?.. Hank marvin?... eric claptout?... brian (i fucked up the guitar-greats liveshow with steveie via) may, carlos 'tired' santana.. what a total fucking joke - NO stevie ray!!!!.. NO django!!!, no satchmo or via !!!!.. no gilbert, no Zak, no Scotty, no Gary Moore, NO ZAPPA (travesty!!)..!!!!.. no Eddie !!???... no Keith (the riffmaster) Richards... no Yngwie.. no Tony macalpine, no nuno... etc etc.. what a load of total wank. i was disgusted - the only one who deserved to be in the lineup was Hendrix... anorther indie media company fuck-up when they had a chance there to educate people -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

Pongoid

Figures. Can't tell people about music great that doesn't sell all that well right now for our sponsors. Might take away from some of their profits and our funding. Okay, we'll throw one in so that when I mention all of these names, my mates when say I'm a complete wanker, and will still go out and by this shit. Retards. What else is new? Strange as this might sound, I don't know that I'd say Zappa was amazing as an operator of the guitar, but rather as an extraordinary creative being, just using that thing to try to convey his ideas, you know what I mean? Kind of like trying to call Bach one of the great pianists of all time, rather than the real genius of the bigger picture being recognized. I'm with you on all the others and a score more.

Ape

Message 3/12                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

99devils

You're trying to tell me that Vai wasn't in the list of the 10 top guitarists?

Out of curiosity, how many were not rock/blues players? No classical players?

Message 4/12                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

k

well, Paco wasnt in there but to leave out django is like a history of medicine leaving out louis Pasteur

their top 10 was something like (not in the correct order)

Johhny Marr

Tony Iomi

carlos santana

brian may

hank marvin

jimmy page

eric claptout

jimmi henrix

richie blackmore

the edge

what a fucking joke.. i wasted a good night out.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

BassProShop

Link?:  Link

those sorts of shows are always ludicrous to begin with, half the fun of that sort of shit is disagreeing with the bozos that come up with them, but then to end up with that list! jeez! that's beyond pathetic.

Message 6/12                 Date: 01-Apr-01  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

Pongoid

Pretty fuckin weak bit of research an taste to come up with a list like that.

Message 7/12                 Date: 01-Apr-01  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

pict

Link?:  No link

All from the British isles except 2 not surprising for a Brit show really.Amazing how many clueless young arseholes have inveigled their way into television programming these days isn't it?

Message 8/12                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  04:28 AM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

Digression_Factor

Wheres Chuck from Death? Or Estenu (sp?) from Covenant? Trey Azagthoth (sp?) from Morbid Angel? The guy from Nile? Marty Friedman from Cacaphony (And Megadeth)? Al DiMeola?

Message 9/12                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

damballah

why are y'all so infatuated with fretboard acrobatics over style and taste?

Message 10/12                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

k

thats a contradiction isnt it?, if you think about what you wrote D :-) - also i think you'll see i suggested that zappa, scotty & django should have been in the list which i'd say are pretty 'tasteful', but also they should have had paco de lucia, segovia, hillage, fripp & especially jeff beck. Also, perhaps youve never heard Via's work with zappa?

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum