0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: So who plays guitar?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  03:23 PM   -   So who plays guitar?

99devils

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

So how many guitar players are here? What are you using? Me, I've got a pair of Steinbergers, a GR4 and a GT7, and a jap strat with EMGs and a floyd. I use the POD at home and a Peavey 5150 for live.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

pict

Link?:  No link

Gibson Nighthawk,Fender strat,Martin HD28,Martin 00015
various other electrics and acoustics

I use these amps

Musicman HD130 212 combo,Trace Elliot Speedtwin C100 combo.Traynor YBA1 mark II bassmaster,Selmer PA 100,and a wee Fender Blues Junior

Message 3/16                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

Defector Z

I gots me a Peavey Generation Series geetar, a Guild Jumbo accoustic, and a 1920's Gibson Mandolin (that needs to make it in more Defector Z tracks). I mic the accoustic with an SM57, and I usually plug the electric into a Fender Jam. Not exactly "rockin" like a Marshall stack, but it's got a nice jazz/blues flavor that I like. Got a couple of pedals, too, a Boss EQ, a Boss Flanger, a Crybaby and an Ibanez TubeScreamer. yupyup.

I wish I had a bass cuz sometimes I'd like to play in a bass line, rather than trigger one, but hey, money doesn't grow on trees, right?

Message 4/16                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

99devils

Oh, yeah, forgot about that... I gots me a Boss Flanger - the purple one, it's the bomb. I've had 3, sold one, one died, and the one I have now I'll never let go   Also I have a DOD Stereo chorus, which perfectly captures that 80's cheese metal sound, or Zakk Wylde's chorus sound whichever you prefer  

I got an Ibanez Soundgear bass as well. Hey Darin, basses are kind of easy to get a good sound out of, IMHO. I mean, a $100 Ibanez will never sound like a Warwick but with a little setup work and a pickup swap you can get a good sounding/playing bass for cheap. I got my Ibeenhad for free   The output jack had fried and I needed only to replace the jack!

-Craig

Message 5/16                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

apt13

hi

lots a stuff there people..

i've got a fender jazzmaster with custom (cant remember the make) 'hot' pickups, epiphone les paul, hohner 'grunn' d1 acoustic. Marshall valvestate amp (not great but adequate). Pedals... boss ds-1, big muff pi, turbo rat, electro harmonix memory man, boss tremelo, digitech whammy-wah, daddy-o, blue box, some old boss pedal board with dist/overdrive, delay, comp, chorus.. that i can make this really fucked up sound on unlike anyhting else... mmmm and with only permanent hearing damage to show for it all....

'after,

Niall

Message 6/16                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

colin

Guitars- Fender Jerry Donahue telecaster, Burns Marquee- a great guitar with really unique sounds, a lots of variation in pickup selection.
I use really heavy strings, from .10 to as much as .58 on the low E, gives it a lot of thick low end bite, which sounds GOOD to me.
Pedals- boss Fuzz and overdive, tremolo, Ibanez tube screamer, big muff.
Amps - i've got an old 70's Traynor, a kind of dirty Twin, nice drive on it. I'm into that dirty sort of Jon Spencer guitar sound, so generally play using only amp distortion, and just play quieter/louder for less or more grit.

Message 7/16                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

apt13

i wouldn't call .10 very heavy... i use .13's and sometimes .14's (only one brand that i could find and a bit expensive)

but there cool if yer not into bend strings alot. The more metal over the pickups and all that. Fender jazzmasters sound shit anyway if ya dont have heavy gauge strings.....

'after,

Niall

Message 8/16                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

damballah

'69 Gibson SG with stock pickups replaced with Seymour Duncan JB and PAF, G&L L1000 Bass, Yamaha acoustic, Fender Bassman head, variety of speakers to run it through, Pignose, MXR pedals (EQ, distortion+, analog delay, limiter, chorus). One guy I record leaves his pod behind when I think I might need.

Message 9/16                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

Pongoid

My electric is a Travis Bean, my acoustic 6 and 12 are both fairly cheap, but good sounding Yammies. My bass (my love) is this wierd german thing called a Schack Carbon V, five-string, headless graphite necked, with this funky active eq system with all of these DIP switches to fine tune which bands get how must boost and cut. For the moment I use Hughes&Kettner tube stuff for going direct most of the time. Picking up an SWR Mo'bass head and goliath cab for the wierd shit with the bass, and a Walter Woods for the clean jazz. Got some old stomp boxes, a tape delay-spring reverb unit, and that just about rounds it out for the stringed arsenal for the moment.

Ape

Message 10/16                 Date: 21-Mar-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: So who plays guitar?

99devils

Ape, tell me more about this bass, if you can. Is there any web info on it?

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum