0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: timbaland beats

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

Original Message 1/71                 Date: 11-Jun-00  @  03:35 AM   -   timbaland beats

biogenik

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

can someone post some timba-style beats.
all i know about his production is he uses a lot of 32nd and 64th notes.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/71                 Date: 11-Jun-00  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

might have some beats

Link?:  No link

Are you down with the Dirty South?

Message 3/71                 Date: 12-Jun-00  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

P_van_der_weide

This is the beat from Aaliyah's try again wich is produced by Timbaland. It consist's of 4 bars but with a lot of variation every time they are repeated. The first three lines are bar 1, the second three lines are bar 2.

Message 4/71                 Date: 12-Jun-00  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

P_van_der_Weide

Here are the third and fourth bar.

Message 5/71                 Date: 12-Jun-00  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

biogenik

thanks mate,
if any one else has any timba beats or tips on creating the dirty south beats or basslines, please post them!!

Message 6/71                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

biogenik

anyone heard timbas new track?
i was just wondering if anyone knows what synths timba uses for his dirty south basslines.

Message 7/71                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

H

First things first stop trying to make dirty south if your not from the south.Call it syncopated beats.You wouldn't tell everyone you represent Brooklyn if you were from Texas or maybe you would.Why the fuck does everybody want to sound like someone else?It's about pimpin,playin,flossin ,glossin,and a side of shrimp.I,m sure he uses analog synthesizers.If you want to really know about the DS your just gonna have to come down here and hook up w/ about any rap crew and they can show you how it's done.All I know is I'm glad he's around to help all us other funky mfs get some much needed exposure down here in this sweltering ass hole.You need flava baby flava.

Message 8/71                 Date: 13-Jun-00  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

k

do you have any url's where there is some timbaland real audio (preferably)or mp3 (streaming or small files). i'd like to hear some more and all the links i followed were dead ?

Message 9/71                 Date: 14-Jun-00  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

H

Boy you guys sure do want those DS beats,well I can tell you that the secret is stupid simple but it's not very logical.I'm not even sure why it works this way but it just does.I engineer Hip Hop as my day job right here in the ole Dirty South and these producers really have a strange way of approaching beat production.Every good studio down here uses an MPC for beats.I've got a buddy that works in Charlotte and he actually went to timba's studio I'll give him a ring and try to find out what synths he uses.He told me about the setup 3 or 4 yrs ago but I just sort of spaced it.I do know that his rig is fuckin huge so there probably isn't any 1 synth he uses.If anyone is interested in DS promo vinyl I can put you in touch w/ the record shops that can help you out.As for that beat secret,considering that it's such a weird concept,if I tell you guys you'll probably rip my head off.

Message 10/71                 Date: 14-Jun-00  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

hajee

H, tell us then. We luv secrets.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

There are 71 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum