0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Drum'N'Bass Area

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message 1/89                 Date: 16-Oct-99  @  07:30 PM   -   Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Welcome to this new forum dedicated to the harder, phatter edge of dance music. Share your ideas, tips etc...Discuss about anything concerning the production of "Drum'n'Bass music. Hope this will be an active forum.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/89                 Date: 17-Oct-99  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

k

well, as a drum&bassie person, do you think it's true what someone said in another thread here?.. that D&B drum programming has gone down the tubes, and most of the track leaders now use samey rock-beats without much variation or interesting programming ?...

Message 3/89                 Date: 17-Oct-99  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Well you only have to listen to new releases by top artists such as Ed Rush/ Optical, Krush, Peshay, Photek etc... to notice all the different variations. Whoever said the're all the same obviously have no creative drive or whatever you call it.
I've only jst had my setup, and belive me trying to programm tunes that the top artists do is not easy at all. It's not just programming the tune, it's programming the actuall sound aswell. I know someone who releasesn records, but i wont say who. he gets a straight drum loop from Warefare, then a bass loop then just puts them together. thats what i don't want to do.
What bout you? You do Drum'n'bass?

Message 4/89                 Date: 18-Oct-99  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

sox

Link?:  Link

We're not saying that there aren't people out there making interesting Drum n'Bass, but what seems to be popular is this 2 step thing which is killing the creative end of Jungle. This is what the masses are listening to.
I work with all kinds of teens/young adults and all they listen to is 2 step. These are the people who buy the records and go to the d n'b events. Jungle at present is being ignored by the clubs/larger record co.'s in favour of garage/house and it's main popularity seems to be with the youth (or with the advertising people for some reason. Even they associate it with "youth" culture).

sox

Message 5/89                 Date: 18-Oct-99  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

leifmon

I own an E-MU E6400 Sampler. I am mostly an acoustic musician, but I have been messing around with some digital programming in my studio... My passion for digital programming comes from my love of Dancehall, from Jamaica. Can anyone tell me if my sampler is capable of good drum n' bass, I mean if I was to really sit down and work at it? Also, are there any suggestions for a good drum machine and sound module that would give me that sub bass, sine wave stuff that is typical in Dancehall music? Thanx, Leifwynn leifmon@worldnet.att.net

Message 6/89                 Date: 18-Oct-99  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

Dunno about "Dancehall" music, but the classic b-line for Drum'N'Bass is a sampled 808 kick which is mapped across the whole keybord. same as a sine wave but there is a little click at the beginning.

Message 7/89                 Date: 18-Oct-99  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

wai

File?:  File

2 step.mid

The 2 step programm can get a little boring, so try it with some variation. Sorry my groove won't fit on the grid cus it's in 8th's i think, but i've included a midi file.
get a drum loop sample, slice it with kik c1, snare c#1, hats d1. And tell me what you think

Message 8/89                 Date: 19-Oct-99  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

k

thats fucking wierd, it works in EI but not Netscape - you know, im fucking fed up with netscape, those people have lost the plot - it used to piss on IE, but now those guys have lost it man

Message 9/89                 Date: 19-Oct-99  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

k

fixed

Message 10/89                 Date: 21-Oct-99  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: Drum'N'Bass Area

tRiCKsTa

The thing with Netscape is it actually follows the specification more accurately than IE. IE holds your hand and that's why it accepts things like non-urlencoded paths and filenames. Also watch out for the Mozilla Project it should be released on beta soon

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 89 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum